Some Helpful Tips
Are you unsure how to maintain your dog after being groomed? Here are some helpful pointers to make sure your dog stays well-kept in between visits to Pampered Poochez...
· Schedule your grooming appointments every 6-8 weeks to maintain the hygiene of your dog’s coat/nails/ears
· Brush your dog on a daily basis to prevent matting (knots) as well as to cut down on the loose hair that will end up all over your house
· Don't forget about your dog's teeth. They should be brushed daily to keep them fresh and clean
· Talk with Pampered Poochez staff to receive customized instructions for the care of your particular dog's breed
My pet has a lot of mats, is it necessary to shave them out?
It depends on the severity of the matting. Minor mats may sometimes be worked out, but many times shaving or stripping is necessary. Severe mats can cause skin irritations and hide other conditions such as hot spots, dermatitis, seborrhea, cuts, scabs, sores and redness. It is not unusual to encounter these problems when the coat is stripped from a badly matted animal and it is definitely in your pet's best interest to address them.
· Please call in advance for a grooming appointment. To keep your dog on a regular grooming schedule, we strongly recommend prescheduling your next appointment(s) each time you visit.
· Pampered Poochez usually books up anywhere from 1-3 weeks in advance! During the high demand seasons, we typically fill up well in advance. These seasons are: Major Holidays, Spring, and Early Summer.